Christmas Craft : Mini Snow Globe (Snow Dome)
|December 18, 2011||Posted by admin under DIY|
Time: 23 30
Status: Seriously, I’m suppose to do my MA assignment but heck no, I’m in the midst of making snow globe! LOL
With exactly a week to christmas, you probably have already started your christmas shopping. Should you require some gift ideas, why don’t you consider making it yourself? Here’s a simple and easy-to-do gift idea: Mini Snow Globe.
Empty Snow Globe or Jar with Lid
Figurines for “scene”
Hot Glue Gun
Warm up your glue gun for about 10 minutes. Attached your “scene” (figurines) to the base of the lid with the glue gun. Allow it to dry completely (you can leave it overnight).
Place 2 tablespoon of glitter and half a tablespoon of glitter into the jar.
Fill up the jar with water. You would want to fill it up completely or at least very close to the top.
Place the lid (now with the figurines stuck on) back on and make sure that it is tightly capped. You may want to seal it as well.
- Glycerin helps to slow down the falling of the “snow”. You may use baby oil instead (of glycerin + water).
- Make sure the figurines are waterproof as some clay figurines especially those self-made clay figurines are not. If you want to make your own, try using polymer clay instead of paper clay.
- If you cannot find empty snow globe jar like mine, you can use any other jars with lid. Baby food jars work best.
- I bought my jar at those kids colouring store. Some Popular Bookstore sell it too.
I would love to see your work of art!
*Update* Here’s mine finished product!
- How To Make a DIY Snow Globe From Recycled Materials (inhabitat.com)
- DIY Mason Jar Snow Globe (palmettogoodwill.wordpress.com)